New Seminar Roll Out
Winning with Natural Talent: Developing High Performance through Selection, Development, and Leadership of Natural Talent
Printer Friendly Version
Length: 60 minutes. Capable of expanding with experiential exercises to meet the needs of longer format
Setting: In person instructor led or virtual instructor led
Audience: Any group of organization leaders: Association meetings, peer to peer groups, community meetings, or in house management meetings
Audience size: 15 people or more (if in the Puget Sound region or virtual, 5 or more). Available to sit down one on one with those who are serious about learning more without participating in a seminar
Investment: This is a free session. I can also deliver as a paid breakout for an association event.
Value to participants: Learn how to address one of the most intractable problems faced by organizations of all sizes, getting the right people into the right positions. We will address:
- Learn what forward thinking organizations are doing to hire talent, not resumes
- Learn easy and cost effective talent selection processes and tools
- Learn how to eliminate the 70-90% of failed hires, external and incumbent
- Learn how to generate a substantial ROI on invested solutions, rather than incur a cost
- Learn how to use predictive talent analytics for evidence based people decisions
- Learn how to accelerate the performance of your top performers
- Learn why organizations are selecting on potential rather than on past performance
- Learn how to eliminate the discrimination against early talent inherent in resume screening
- Learn what to ask for when selecting a solution for your organization
- Learn how to be an effective leader in a VUCA world (volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity)
- Like to add 40% to EBITA? Easily within the range of validated results
- Those individuals who become certified in Predictive Index (PI) receive 16 hours of credit towards their PHR, SPHR, or GPHR certification.
Background: Organization leaders are frustrated with the high cost of putting people into positions and having those people fail or underperform. Organization leaders are asking that their investment in training and development show quantifiable financial results. Organization leaders are seeking to learn how to lead in a VUCA world. Organization leaders have assumed that these issues are pervasive and are just part of doing business yet they continue to spend (not invest) to try to address these issues. But the problems continue. There are efficient and cost effective solutions available, leaders just have not been introduced to them. John Inman Dialogue provides these solutions.
Current research points to the need for selection based on talent, not resumes, as the first step in this process. At the center of the conversation are predictive talent analytics and cognitive assessments. These solution sets are designed to actively solve people problems in the organization with a focus on strong ROI for the organization. If current spending on products and services does not actively solve business problems, they are a cost to the organization.
- PI is used extensively in Inside Sales during the recruiting phase to ensure the candidates have the DNA to be successful in their roles at SAP.
—Shawn Robertson, Global Vice President, Global Inside Sales — Optimization and Innovation, SAP AG, Inc.
- There is no question about it, we are better today because of our people. The Predictive Index system is a big part of that. PI gives you the insight to make a good hire.
- …the Predictive Index system is quick and easy to administer and it will give you 100 times the return on your investment.
—Donald McConnell, Regional Developer, Massage Envy
- With the Predictive Index system, I was able to build a strong team that would push the business forward. Today, I can’t imagine running my business without it.
—Jill Berg, President/Owner, Spherion
- The Predictive Index system can be used for far more than just a hiring tool. It identifies individual traits, but also gives you the entire scope of people’s behavior, and a deeper understanding of how to motivate and impact their performances.
—Bruce Wade, Director of Human Resources, Bloomington Hospital
- PI results are used to support sales managers and their teams, to increase collaboration and understanding among the team, provide highly targeted and more effective coaching and support, and to enable more data-driven succession planning.
—Rebecca Sherrill, Vice President, GCO University North America, SAP America, Inc.
Brief Biography: John Inman, Ed.M., M.A., PHR, DDPE; John Inman Dialogue, Founder/Talent Accelerator. Excels in:
- Developing leaders that thrive in volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity
- Workforce analytics focused on performance
- Organization processes that rapidly respond to continuous change
- Adult learning, growth and progress
20 years of sales and marketing leadership. 14 years of internal and external organization and leadership development consulting and coaching. Major industries include medical, bio-technology, software, telecommunications, financial, and gaming entertainment.
Full Biography: John Inman, Ed.M., M.A., PHR, is the founder and principle of John Inman Dialogue, a Seattle based consultancy focused on designing containers, convening, and hosting conversations for organizations and communities of all types. His passion is for developing healthy and productive social systems where individuals are treated with respect and are able to thrive and grow, accelerating the delivery of value to stakeholders. Areas of expertise include leadership and organization development, coaching, adult education, and workforce analytics. His work is founded on the emerging field of Dialogic OD.
John is a long standing organization leader and developer of leaders in technology, financial, non-profit, government, education, scientific, and service firms. He focuses on the local conversations that create organization and community cultures, which provide his clients with the mindset shifts necessary to lead in these challenging times. John invested 20 years in business development and marketing starting in critical care medicine field sales and progressing to senior leadership in small to medium sized bio-technology and technology enterprises. Has worked for the last 14 years as an internal and external leadership and organization consultant in finance, secondary education, service, technology, and gaming entertainment.
John has a bachelor degree in business management, a master of education degree in adult education and organization development, and a master of arts degree in human and organization systems. He is a doctoral candidate in education leadership and change. John published “Using dialogue then deliberation to transform a warring leadership team” in the Spring 2013 edition of the OD Practitioner, the international publication of the OD Network. John recently added a suite of workforce analytics solutions and is bringing predictive talent analytics to executive teams to help pinpoint opportunities for accelerating performance.
John lives with his wife, son and daughter near Seattle, Washington and enjoys walking, road biking, researching, and time with his family.
He has worked with several early phase start up enterprises in industries including: Retail, Bio-technology, Consulting, Software, Restaurant, Education and Pre-IPO Internet.
John can be reached at email@example.com or at 425-954-7256. His business site is www.johninmandialogue.com. Specific to workforce analytics www.johninmandialogue.com/people-analytics and blog on talent acceleration is at www.johninmandialogue.com/blog